SCC Info


 

Text on white page

 


2014-2015 Final Report for Amelia Earhart EL

School Land Trust Program Amendments -- 2015 General Session


Amelia Earhart School Community Trustland Funds Report 2015-2016

Each year the State of Utah’s Trustland Fund gives out money to schools in the state of Utah.  Last year we received $39,582.  A group of parents and school staff (the community council) meets monthly to discuss how this money will be spent.  Any parent is welcome to apply to be on the school community council.  Elections are held each September.  Any parent is welcome to sit in and watch a community council meeting even if they are not a voting member.

This past year the council decided to use the money to pay the salary and benefits for para professionals (instructional aides).  The aides allow us to give targeted remediation and enrichment to meet our reading and math goals.

The goals set and results from the 2015-2016 year are below:
Goal was 56% LA Sage Test proficiency.   Results were 45%
Goal for DIBELS k-3 Proficiency was 80%.  Results were 63%
Goal was 58% for Math Sage Test Proficiency.  Results were 49%

 Upcoming Meetings (all times are 11:00am)
October 13, 2016
November 17, 2016
January 19, 2017
February 16, 2017
March 16, 2017
April 20, 2017 

 

School Community Council at Amelia Earhart Elementary 2016-2017 Members:

Member Name Email Role
Shennon Mercer shennon_mercer@yahoo.com Chair (Parent)
Jonathan Hoehne JonathanH@provo.edu Vice Chair/School Employee
Ryan McCarty RyanM@provo.edu Principal/Director
Tina Mecham TinaM@provo.edu Secretary
Rachel Kovacs RachelKo@provo.edu School Employee
Michael Jeppesen MichaelJ@provo.edu School Employee
Kari Lillico kari@summersetcorp.com Parent/Licensed District Employee
Janilyn Featherstone janilynfeatherstone@hotmail.com Parent
Amy Schofield daveschofield2000@yahoo.com Parent
Kari Wilkins mertgirl@hotmail.com Parent
Shawn Bryant stbryant24@hotmail.com Parent
Emily Lamas geologyemily@hotmail.com Parent

School Community Council Meeting Notes 9/15/16 

1. Welcome and Election/Appointment Discussion
Mr. Hoehne
Mrs. Featherstone
Miss Kovacs
Mr. Jeppesen
Mr. McCarty
Mrs. Mercer

Coming next time
Mrs. Schofield
Mrs. Lamas
Mrs. Wilkins
Mrs. Lillico
Shawn Bryant

2. Start on Time/Everyone has a voice

3. Miss Kovacs
Need more professional development for staff (work on reading strategies)
Money has been set aside (Title I) for teachers to attend
One faculty meeting per month for math instruction
Miss Kovacs talked about the need to improve math & language instruction in the School

Mrs. Featherstone talked about the need to improve reading at home. Purpose of Title I
Money is a help for those families needing help with their children.

ESL kids/Access Most of the 1 & 2 students are in kindergarten and first grade.
We will train the staff on strategies for all students.

Tier 2 & Tier #3 programs are being purchased for Amelia Earhart Elementary.

In May 2016, teacher’s met with Mr. McCarty and Miss Kovacs about changing the schedule for the next school year. Art is taught once a week with keyboarding to also be taught each week.

Amelia Earhart Elementary Parent Involvement Policy

The School Will:
Parents Will:
Students Will:

1. Comprehensive Needs Assessment
2. Schoolwide Reform Strategies
3. Instruction by highly qualified teachers
4. High-quality and ongoing professional development
5. Strategies to attract highly qualified teachers to high-need schools
6. Strategies to increase parental involvement
7. Plans for assisting preschool students in the successful transition from early childhood programs to local elementary schoolwide programs
8. Measures to include teachers in decisions regarding the use of academic assessments
9. Activities to ensure that students who experience difficulty attaining proficiency receive effective and timely additional assistance
10. Coordination and Integration of Federal, State, and local services and programs
Visible Learning is being taught in the school
Success Criteria is also being taught in more detail this year
Data Notebooks (Tracking System of what essentials have been mastered)
Behavior Room is funded from Title I
LRR was reduced around 39% last year

School Community Council Meeting Notes 3/17/16 

Attendance

  • Ryan McCarty - Principal
  • Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator
  • Cari Gaitlyn - Administration Intern
  • Shennon Mercer - Parent
  • Kari Lillico - Parent

Norms

  • Start on time/End on time
  • Everyone has a voice
  • Stay on Topic

Go Over Proposed Trustland Plan and Vote

  • Very similar to last year’s plan.  This is go into effect for the 2016-17 year. Some specifics with interventions. 
    • Tier 3 intervention has been targeted more and added math tier 3 time.
  • Goals 
    • Language Arts - SAGE Testing (3-6) - increase from 47% to 52%.  DIBELS Testing (K-2) - increase from 59% to 70%
    • Math - SAGE Testing (3-6) - increase from 48% to 54%.
  • Financial Proposal - Estimated carry-over $18,000 from 2015-2016.  This will allow us to keep the same amount of teachers that we have this year.  Estimated distribution for 2016-2017 - $37,050.  
    • This money will pay for three aides and one teacher.  If we are allotted more we will use the extra money for more aides.  
  • Mr. McCarty proposes that we vote on this plan.  4 yes 0 no.

Enrichment Discussion in Math and Literacy

  • The school recognizes that enrichment is a concern with parents.  Summer days are set aside for teacher to come in and do planning for differentiation.  Part of the planning will be to include enrichment for each grade.  

 

School Community Council Meeting Notes 1-21-2016

Attendance

  • Ryan McCarty - Principal
  • Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator
  • Mike Jeppesen - Facilitator
  • Heidi Bush (Burnett) - Teacher
  • Shennon Mercer - Parent
  • Shaun Bryant - Parent
  • Kari Lillico - Parent

Norms

  • Start on time/End on time
  • Everyone has a voice
  • Stay on Topic

Questions, Concerns, Ideas to Discuss 

  • Science Fair - have better communication for next year.  The district has a new direction that needs more guidance from teachers/parents.  

Technology in the Classroom and Trustland’s Budget (pros/cons)

  • Trustland Budget - last year we carried $18,000.00.  This was set aside for a 2nd grade teacher.  The budget for this year was set aside for additional aides.  We are going to have money left over for this year.  We can carry it over for next year or use the extra money to help make all 3-6 grade classrooms a 1-1 laptops.  This is only in the discussion phase.  
  • How Technology is Being Used Now - It is not digital worksheets.  It would be used for using Nearpod (interactive between teachers and students).  It can also be used for writing, research, etc.
  • PROS - No kids hiding behind desktop computers, use to replace lower grade computers, computer use is a reality - 21st century skills, it teaches responsibility, sets them up for testing, facilitates collaboration with teachers 3-6, instant feedback/scores, allows for creativity, give lower grades access to more computers, 
  • CONS - sloppy handwriting, maintaining technology, differentiation, families against technology, professional development for teachers (limited time), all teachers on board, students’ boredom/shut down, does it carry over to junior high and high school, 

Homework Thoughts (what’s working, concerns, ideas)

  • Guiding Practices - read expectations, don’t send homework home when you are still in the learning phase - only send it home after you have had an assessment on it and the students has passed it off.  
  • PROS/IDEAS - helps parents know where students are in learning, repeating important skills, weekly, reading every night plus 10 minutes of other activity, 30 minutes reading - NO DOUBLES CLUB Monday-Friday, books sent home to read daily, 1 sheet once a week with weekly reading time, learning target self-evaluation, and other homework
  • CONS/CONCERNS - not enough, lack of understanding how skill is done at school, daily is hard with other after school activities, hard for kids to meet

 

School Community Council Meeting Notes 11-19-2015

Attendance

  • Ryan McCarty - Principal
  • Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator
  • Mike Jeppesen - Facilitator
  • Heidi Bush (Burnett) - Teacher
  • Shennon Mercer - Parent
  • Shaun Bryant - Parent
  • Kari Lillico - Parent

Welcome and Norms

  • Start on time/End on time
  • Everyone has a voice
  • Stay on Topic

Questions, Concerns, Ideas to Discuss

  • Nothing new to discuss. Mr. McCarty will always take concerns or questions.

District Learning Initiative - centered on technology. The district doesn’t just want to give technology out, but to train teachers in how to use the technology in the class. Miss Bowns, Miss Harper, and Mr. Hoehne are the teachers that are part of this at our school. Every student in their classes have a touch screen laptop. One program they use is Nearpod, which the district has

purchased. This program allows real time interaction between teacher/students on computers. Students can work on their computers and then send their work to their teacher. Mr. McCarty shared a few lessons he has observed with teachers using Nearpod. The lessons with the use of Nearpod have high student engagement.

Teacher Observations

  • High Levels of Engagement                                                                                                                              - Mr. McCarty looks for student being engaged in the learning/task.
  • Positive Learning Environment                                                                                                                       - Mr. McCarty looks for praise ratio (4 praise to 1 correction/redirection) and cueing (positive and specific praise).
  • Students Actively Thinking and Responding                                                                                                   - Mr. McCarty looks for how many students are being ale to respond to a question/task. The teachers are working hard to have all students respond to questions by using white boards, partner talk, notebooks, etc. This allows more students to be engaged in learning.
  • Form Used for Walk Throughs                                                                                                                       - Mr. McCarty shared the form he uses as he does walk through observations. These observations are for  5 to 10 minutes, quick check in. 

 

School Community Council Meeting Notes 10-22-15

State Procedures and Rules

Compliance with State Law:

-SCC will work to create a reading achievement plan (we have three aides from SCC)

-2 more parents than employees

-public meetings, posted online on school website

-primary goal is to improve academic achievement

*All voted to adopt these compliances.

 

Final Report of Goals/Progress (based on plan from three years ago)

Goals

1. improve on SAGE (we wanted 10% more students to pass)

-We didn't meet this goal, but we've realized that a 10% jump is a little steep and difficult to achieve, but we have lots of good things in place to hopefully see more improvement this year. We are focused more on guaranteed essentials and essentials, with specific help in Tier 2 and Tier 3, with the goal of seeing more improvement.

2. 90% K-3 pass the DIBELs

-51% at the beginning of the year and 59% at the end of the year

-So we didn't meet the goal last year, but every grade level has really strong plans and we are confident we will see much greater progress this year.

Ryan feels strongly that even if we took away the SAGE and state testing, we wouldn't change what we're doing. We're doing the right thing; we're doing so much good.

Plan for Current Year

DIBELs

-Started the year at 53% passing

We have three extra aides using our funding, which will be about $37,000

We were able to reallocate funding so we'll have about $13,000 extra for carry-over.

 

School Community Council Meeting Notes 9-16-15

1. Welcome and review of norms

2. Introductions and attendance

      a. Shaun Bryant – parent

      b. Regan Golding – parent

      c. Penny Brown – parent

      d. Shennon Mercer – Parent

      e. Kari Lillico – parent

      f. Rachel Kovacs – title 1 coordinator

      g. JP Pontius – district tech

      h. Chad Duncan – district tech

      i. Ryan McCarty – principal

      Not in Attendance but on council

          Mr. Jeppesen – facilitator

          Miss. Burnett – teacher

           Kelly Scott - parent

3. Applications – new people fill out application

4. Purpose of SCC – make decisions about how Trustland funds are used for the school.

5. Chad Duncan – House Bill 213 – School Community Council involved in school internet filters.

Chad and JP here to share what the district does to filter district owned devices. Karen Rupt is an

administrator for Trustland for the state. Responsible to understand what filters are in place on

school devices and to give feedback on the filters and educate kids/parents on Internet safety.

Amelia Earhart uses Netsmart to educate kids about Internet safety. Suggestions – look to have a

police officer come and offer a class about internet safety for parents – parent night? District has to

have a filter (iBoss), monitor, and report any incidences.

a. Takes a filter

b. Monitoring by teacher and parents

c. Education about what to do when an inappropriate sight comes up.

6. Elections: Penny Brown nominated Shennon Mercer for President. Kari Lillico second the

nomination. All other in attendance agreed. Kari Lillico nominated Heidi Burnett as second.

Shennon Mercer second the nomination. All other in attendance agreed.

7. Indicators of Greatness/Mission Statement – Last year the faculty of Amelia Earhart came up with

indicators that they would like to assess the school on. At the beginning of this school year, the

faculty revisited the indicators and revised. The faculty then highlighted key words that they

would like to see in the school’s mission statement. The leadership team used the highlighted

words to create the new mission statement for Amelia Earhart. – ADD MISSION STATEMENT.

8. Guaranteed Essentials – Review of what was talked about during Parent Night. Mr. McCarty

talked about the process of how the teachers came up with them. Teachers met together during the

summer and discussed what things are the most important in each grade that we will guarantee that

each student will master in that grade. This is not the only thing that will be taught throughout the

year. We will focus on the guaranteed essentials in our reteaching first before we move on. A

suggestion from a parent was that we notify parents if students are receiving Tier 3 help (off grade

level).

9. Learning Target Journals – Discussion on what is expected with learning target forms that come

home. There was a discussion about what is the expectation for these. There was also feedback

from parents about kids not understanding what they are suppose to do with this or how to not

make it a mundane thing. Talked about students signing their parents name/initials on forms.

10. Questions, Concerns, Ideas -- 


 

 School Community Council at Amelia Earhart 2014-2015 Members:

Parents -
Shennon Mercer  -Chair– shennon_mercer@yahoo.com
Ginger Churchill- Vice-Chair- gingerchurchill@yahoo.com
Jessica Price – jessicaarrowsmith@gmail.com
Terese Plant – tereseplant@gmail.com
Kari Lilico – kari@summersetcorp.com
Melissa Yergensen – melissayergensen@gmail.com Faculty -
Ryan McCarty – ryanm@provo.edu
Rachel Kovacs – rachelko@provo.edu
Michael Jeppesen – michaelj@provo.edu
Paige Drumm – paiged@provo.edu

 

Proposed Meeting Schedule – (all times 4:00 PM in Faculty Room)
September 18th
October 23rd
November 20th
December 18th
January 15th
February 19th
March 19th
April 16th


2013-2014 Principal Assurance Form
Amelia Earhart EL Council Membership Form 2013-2014
Amelia Earhart EL Final Report 2012-2013
School LAND Trust Mid Year Summary Report
School Land Trust Year End Summary Report
School Land Trust Final Report 2013-2014

Amelia Earhart Elementary Child Access Routing Plan


School Community Council Meeting Notes 4-16-2015

Attendance
• Ryan McCarty - Principal
• Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator
• Paige Drumm - Teacher
• Mike Jeppesen - Teacher
• Shennon Mercer - Parent
• Kari Lillico - Parent
• Ginger Churchill - Parent
• Marsha Judkins - School Board Member


Go over Draft for 2015-2016 Proposed Plan/ Including proposed change
• Went over draft and voted last month but some changes have been made.
• Last month Mr. McCarty proposed that some of the Trustland money be used to add another
first grade teacher. Because of numbers, Mr. McCarty proposed that the Council leave the
decision open that will allow the principal to put the teacher in the position that will most fit
when the final numbers come in. The options are placing the teacher in first grade, second
grade, or to have an intervention specialist teacher.
o April 16, 2015
o Ginger Churchill motioned to approve the plan. Kari Lillico seconded the motion.
o Number who approved: 8
o Number who did not approve: 0
o Number who where absent: 1

Follow up about changing lunch/recess schedule
• Mr. McCarty talked with other principals in our district that have recess first and then
lunch. Presented a list of pros and cons.
• PROS
o Students eat more fruits and vegetables.
o Students eat more overall lunch and leave lunch full.
o Students calm down after recess and enter class more ready to learn
o Students have more energy after lunch.
• CONS
o Students who eat slower do not have time to finish eating.
o Students who eat quicker miss out on recess time.
o Behavior problems for kids who finish eating quickly
o Transition issues with extra supervision required (cost) going from recess to lunch
o “Traffic Jam” with kids washing hands and waiting in line for lunch which leads to less
time for eating and recess.
• Mr. McCarty will check into it more and may visit some schools to see how they address these
issues.

Other Questions/Concerns
• Parent link calls will call all phone numbers that are under students name, even the emergency
calls, and even calling on Sunday evenings. Shennon Mercer contacted the district to see
what was happening. The district is looking into it. They will put it on their agenda and contact
the company that does the calling.
• Shennon Mercer also brought the concern of harsh letters being sent home about needing to
send lunch money. Wanted to know why we don’t stamp hands when they are low in
funds. Mr. McCarty will look into it and see what can be done.


 

School Community Council Meeting Notes 3-19-2015

Attendance

  • Ryan McCarty - Principal

  • Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator

  • Paige Drumm - Teacher

  • Shennon Mercer - Parent

  • Terese Plant - Parent

  • Kari Lillico - Parent

  • Ginger Churchill - Parent

    Go over draft for 2015-2016 Proposed Plan/Including proposed change

  • Have extra funding for this year because they gave us more than we

    anticipated. It is proposed that the additional funds go toward helping fund another first grade teacher to help with lower class sizes. This is still allow money available for the aides we use during interventions time.

  • This has the support of the council members that were present.

  • This was added onto goal one of the proposed plan.

    Vote on 2015-2016 Proposed Plan

• All in attendance voted yes.

Class Requests and Timeline for Class Lists

  • In the April Newsletter, Mr. McCarty will send out information about any parent

    requests.

  • Because of potential changes, class information for the following year will not be

    sent out until the first of August.

  • If parents still have requests after the lists are sent in August, they can contact

    Mr. McCarty.

    Follow up on Letter of Support from the Community Council about After School Program

• Ginger Churchill wrote the letter. Members of the Council read through the letter

and agreed on the content.

Title One Items

  • The Council reviewed the Parent Involvement Policy and Parent-School Compact

    for the upcoming 2015-2016 school year.

  • These documents will be included in the Student Handbook for the 2015-2016

    school year.

    Other Ideas, Concerns, Questions, Comments

  • Follow up on the change of school lunch - recess first, then eating. Mr. McCarty

    is still looking into this. Positives seems to outweigh negatives.

  • Next School Community Council Meeting - Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 4:00


     

 School Community Council Meeting Notes 2-19-2015

Attendance

  • Ryan McCarty - Principal

  • Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator

  • Paige Drumm - Teacher

  • Mike Jeppesen - Teacher

  • Ginger Churchill - Parent

  • Kari Lillico - Parent

  • Taz Murray - School Board Member

    Go over draft for 2015-2016 Proposed Plan

  • Use money to pay for additional aides to help with interventions.

  • Received more money than expected, Mr. McCarty will look into being

    able to roll the money over to next year to fund for another aide.

  • Goal 1 - Increase SAGE Lanuage Arts portion by 10% growth from 46% to

    56%. Improve overall number of students who are passing the DIBELS

    assessment to 80% or more of K-3 students passing on grade level.

  • Goal 2 - Increase SAGE Math portion by 10 % growth from 48% to 58%.

  • Proposed to vote on the draft during the next meeting on March 19, 2015.

Lunch Recess and Increasing Fruits and Vegetable Consumption

  • Looking into making lunch recess first and then have students eat lunch.

  • Mr. McCarty will be visiting schools in the district who use this lunch

    model.

  • There has been positive feedback from teachers, PTA members, and

    council members.

    Letter of Support from the Community Council about After School Program

  • Apply for 21st Century Grant that allows us to have a before and after

    school program.

  • 2 things we look for towards programs:

o 1-Enrichment (choir, robotics, art)

o 2-Intervention (homework lab)


 

 

School Community Council Meeting Notes 1-15-2015

Attendance

  • Ryan McCarty - Principal

  • Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator

  • Paige Drumm - Teacher

  • Mike Jeppesen - Teacher

  • Ginger Churchill - Parent

  • Shennon Mercer - Parent

  • Kari Lillico - Parent

  • Teres Plant - Parent

  • Marsha Judkins - School Board Member

Follow Up on Art Days

• Terese Plant will do an art lesson for each grade. Jan 23 and Jan 30 will be scheduled for

this. Will wait for feedback from teachers, but looking into doing a class based art class.

 

Follow Up on Math Discussion (Parent Night - January 22nd)
• Have had discussion about parents having a hard time understanding what CMI is. The

Parent Night will introduce parents to the idea of CMI by having them participate in a math lesson with their student.

 

Follow Up on Math Data Analysis Meeting
• Had teachers meet before Christmas break to review and discuss the District Math

Interim Test. Teachers made plans of how to reteach concepts that were not masted.

 

90 Day Action Plan Draft

  • Looked over the 90 day action plan for the second half on the school year.

  • Goal 1 - DIBELS (Statewide district reading test): 80% of K-3 students will be proficient

    on the test. Aides will progress monitor DIBELS and teachers will review weekly during PLC meetings. During data analysis meetings, teachers will have time to look at scores more in depth and make plans of progress monitoring.

  • Goal 2 - Learning Targets: Help students become self evaluators of their own learning. Got feedback from group about kids feeling to much pressure from testing.

  • Goal 3 - Data Analysis Meetings: Allow teachers time to dig deeper into data and make plans for going forward in their teaching.

Walking Route

• Need to turn in walking route by end of the month. Discuss making changes to bullet one

that discussed having a crossing guard placed at 2050 West and 400 South.

 

Discussion on 2015-2016 SCC Plan
• Mr. McCarty would like to bring a draft of this plan to the next meeting. He opened up the

discussion to the council to see if there were any changes that needed to be made. The council liked the idea of continuing to use the money for intervention help.

 

Questions, Comments, Concerns, Ideas
• Mr. McCarty will follow up on funds for our school’s parking issue. Mr. McCarty will also

look into Alta - making parking lots car and bike friendly.


 

School Community Council Meeting Notes 9-18-2014

Welcome and Introductions

  • Ryan McCarty - Principal
  • Rachel Kovacs - Title 1 Coordinator
  • Paige Drumm - Teacher
  • Mike Jeppesen - Teacher
  • Ginger Churchill - Parent
  • Shennon Mercer - Parent
  • Kari Lillico - Parent

Meeting Expectations

  • Start and end meetings on time.
  • Stay on topic.
  • Everyone has a voice.
  • Be positive.

Discuss Voting Procedures for New Council Members

  • 10 day period that you get people to apply.  Sent out in newsletter.  There weren’t more people that applied than we had spots so there was no need for voting.  Parents can come to meetings without being on the council but they won’t have a vote.

Discuss Viewing the Trust Lands Video

  • Commitment from all council members to watch the trust land videos before the next council meeting.

Nominations for this years Council, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary

  • Chairperson - Shennon Mercer
  • Vice Chairperson - Ginger Churchill 
  • Secretary - Rachel Kovacs 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget

  • Plans were made during the Spring for this year.  3 goals for this plan relate to student achievement on the SAGE assessment.  
  • The plan set a goal to score higher than the state average in the following areas:  Reading - 10% higher   Writing - 5% higher    Math - 10 % higher 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

  • Always the third Thursday of each month.  The next meeting falls on October 23rd because of fall break.

Discuss Strategies for 2014-2015 Budget

  • Discussion about keeping the idea for the budget for this coming year similar to that in the past.  It was brought up that in the future if grades have needs they can present to the council.  Talked about adding art into the school year.  

Timeline for the Council

  • By October 20th we have to have the information from all members of the council posted on the school website.  
  • Before May 15th our plan for next year sent in.

Review Safe Walking Route

  • This has not changed from last year.  It has been approved by the state.  Put and exit only sign on east parking lot.  

Questions, Ideas, Concerns

  • Are the teachers getting the help from PTA and parents that they need.  
  • Concern about parents not understanding the Utah Core.  Talked about having a Title 1 Parent Night breaking down the core and giving information to parents about the core.
  • Question of all Kindergarten classes doing full day.  This is not happening at our school.

Indicators of Greatness

  • Review the list of indicators the teachers created. 
  • Suggestions - making sure the needs of the gifted students are being met as well as those who are below level.  

 

 

School Community Council

Agenda

 

March 20, 2014

Chair – Shennon Mercer

Vice Chair – Kari Lilico

Secretary – Jason Cox

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Jessica Price, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Terese Plant, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill, Melissa Yergensen

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council: Start and End on Time, Everyone has a voice, Be Civil and Respectful, Stay on Topic

 

Celebrations – School Choir Performance, Fundraiser

 

SAGE Assessment – Discussion of time difference and helping students not be discouraged as we pilot the new assessments

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings – April 17th at 4:00

 

Budget – We reviewed the current use of the budget and took a vote on the use of next year’s budget for approval. 6 voted for the proposed budget, 0 voted against, 3 were absent from the vote.

 

Community Questions or Concerns – Google Fiber

 

Council Members in Attendance – Kari, Shennon, Sande, Jason, Jessica, Melissa

 

School Community Council

Agenda 

 

January 14, 2014

 

Chair – Shennon Mercer

Vice Chair – Kari Lilico

Secretary – Jason Cox

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Jessica Price, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Terese Plant, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill, Melissa Yergensen

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council

 

Celebrations – Utah High Performing Title One School and Choir/Orchestra Concert

 

SAGE Assessment

 

Title One – Book Exchange & Mrs. Herbert’s Visit

 

Safe Walking Route

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2013-2014 Budget

 

Upcoming District Training

 

Community Questions or Concerns

 

Crossing Guard at Center St. & Geneva Rd, Language Classes in After School Program


 

School Community Council

Agenda

 

October 24, 2013

 

Chair – Shennon Mercer

Vice Chair – Kari Lilico

Secretary –

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Jessica Price, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Terese Plant, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill, Melissa Yergensen

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council

 

Welcome New Council Members

 

Discuss Viewing the Trust Lands Video

 

Nominations for this years Secretary

 

Title One – Interventions and Read-a-thon

 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget & Law Changes

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2013-2014 Budget

 

Community Questions or Concerns


 

School Community Council

Agenda 

October 3, 2013

 

Chair – Shennon Mercer

Vice Chair – Kari Lilico

Secretary –

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Jessica Price, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Terese Plant, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill, Melissa Yergensen

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council

 

Welcome New Council Members

 

Discuss Viewing the Trust Lands Video

 

Nominations for this years Secretary

 

Title One – Interventions and Read-a-thon

 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget & Law Changes

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2013-2014 Budget

 

Upcoming District Training

 

Community Questions or Concerns


 

 

School Community Council

Agenda 

September 5, 2013

 

Chair – Shennon Mercer

Vice Chair – Kari Lilico

Secretary –

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Julie Holman, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Natalie Parke, Kari Lilico, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill, Melissa Yergensen

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council

 

Discuss Voting Procedures for New Council Members

 

Discuss Viewing the Trust Lands Video

 

Nominations for this years Council, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary

 

Title One – Review of Title One School Wide Plan

 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget & Law Changes

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2013-2014 Budget

 

Review Safe Walking Route

 

Community Questions or Concerns


 School Community Council

Agenda

November 1, 2012

 

Chair – Shennon Mercer

Vice Chair – Kari Lilico

Secretary – Annette Wassom

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Julie Holman, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Amber Hundley, Melissa Yerguson, Annette Wassom, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council: 1. Every council member has a voice. 2. Start and end on time. 3. Be respectful and civil in your responses. 4. Keep our focus on student learning.

 

Review Last Year’s Final Report Summary

 

Title One

 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget & Law Changes

 

Review Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2012-2013 Budget

 

Community Questions or Concerns

 

 



School Community Council

Agenda

October 4, 2012

 

Chair – Janette Fischer

Vice Chair – Shennon Mercer

Secretary – Annette Wassom

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Julie Holman, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Amber Hundley, Kari Lilico, Melissa Yerguson, Annette Wassom, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council: 1. Every council member has a voice. 2. Start and end on time. 3. Be respectful and civil in your responses. 4. Keep our focus on student learning.

 

Discuss time to View Trust Lands Video

 

Nominations for this years Council, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary

 

Title One

 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget & Law Changes

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2012-2013 Budget

 

Community Questions or Concerns


School Community Council

Agenda

September 20, 2012

 

Chair – Janette Fischer

Vice Chair – Shennon Mercer

Secretary – Annette Wassom

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Julie Holman, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Wendy Nichol, Natalie Parke, Janette Fischer, Annette Wassom, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council

 

Discuss time to View Trust Lands Video

 

Nominations for this years Council, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary

 

Title One

 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget & Law Changes

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2012-2013 Budget

 

Review Safe Walking Route

 

Community Questions or Concerns


September 6, 2012

 

Chair – Janette Fischer

Vice Chair – Shennon Mercer

Secretary – Annette Wassom

 

Council Members: Shennon Mercer, Julie Holman, Jason Cox, Sande Montano, Wendy Nichol, Natalie Parke, Janette Fischer, Annette Wassom, Raul Castillo, Ginger Churchill

 

Welcome/Introductions

 

Review Norms for the Council

 

Discuss Voting Procedures for New Council Members

 

Discuss time to View Trust Lands Video

 

Nominations for this years Council, Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary

 

Title One

 

Review This Years Trust Lands Budget & Law Changes

 

Set Future Dates and Times for Meetings

 

Discuss Strategies for 2012-2013 Budget

 

Review Safe Walking Route

 

Community Questions or Concerns