Amelia Earhart Parents,
Please click on the following link to complete a short Parent Survey. Thank you!
Parents are now able to register and update your child's registration information online. Click HERE to go to the Provo School District online registration page. Visit Provo School District's web page for more information.
|October 1||Bus Safety Training|
|October 2||Early Out 1:30 -- Teacher Professional Development|
|October 3||Picture Day|
|October 9||Emergency Fire Drill|
|October 10||Fun Run -- 9:00 am|
|October 13-24||1st Term Testing Begins|
|October 14||Dental Varnishing|
|October 16-20||Fall Break|
|October 21||After School Programs resume (Orchestra, Book Club, Homework Lab and Ballroom)|
|October 22||Parent Night -- 7:00 pm sign-in is at 6:45pm|
|October 23||PTA Meeting -- 10:00 am|
|October 23||School Community Council Meeting -- 4:00 pm|
|October 24||End of 1st Term|
|October 24||Student Awards Assembly -- Grades K-2 9:00-9:35 am; Grades 3-6 9:45-10:15 am|
|October 30||Maturation Program -- 1:00 for 6th Grade; 2:15 for 5th Grade|
|October 31||Halloween Parade 9:00 am|
|November 2||Daylight Saving Time ends|
|November 3-7||Book Fair|
|November 6||SEP Conferences -- EARLY OUT 1:30|
|November 7||Picture Retakes|
|November 11||Veteran's Day Assembly 9:30|
|November 12||Hearing Screening|
|November 13||Emergency Earthquake Drill|
|November 20||PTA Meeting -- 10:00 am|
|November 20||School Community Council -- 4:00 pm|
|November 26 - November 28||Thanksgiving Break -- NO SCHOOL|
|December 2||Choir Concert -- 2:30 pm and 6:00 pm|
|December 4||Emergency Fire Drill|
|December 4||Early Out Professional Development -- 1:30 pm|
|December 8 - December 19||2nd Term Testing begins|
|December 9||School-wide Read-a-Thon -- 8:45 am|
|December 18||PTA Meeting -- 10:00 am|
|December 18||School Community Council Meeting -- 4:00 pm|
|December 19||School-wide Holiday Sing-in -- 9:30 am|
|December 19||Early Out -- 12:30 pm|
|December 22 - January 2||Christmas Break -- NO SCHOOL|
To see some of the fun events throughout the school year, visit our school blog...
The mission of Amelia Earhart Elementary is to promote lifelong literacy and citizenship in each child through a united effort with parents, educators, and community in a quality-learning environment, with a well trained and highly motivated staff using appropriate technology and instructional methods
Click picture below to see the recipiants of the Academic Achievement Awards
Teachers and staff award Principal's Aviator Club tickets each day to those students who demonstrate one or more of the following four school standards:
Hands are for helping
Be responsible for your own actions
Respect the rights of others
Do your best.
Congratulations to the following students for winning 10-in-a-row :
Larkin Cox, Jakob Wilkins, Taylor Owensby, Ivy Drumm, Collin Casperson, Michelle Castillo, Vai Higby, Camron Martinez, Farmer Dickens, Marcos Gonzalez, Cheyenne Peahl
As a reminder, we feel a need to review the following safety guidelines:
- Don’t drop students off before 8:00 am. There is not proper supervision before that and it is not safe.
- Students who ride to and from school in parent vehicles or carpools need to be picked up on time. Any student who is staying after school longer than ten minutes, parents will be contacted.
- Please do not have your children cross any streets other than in designated crosswalks to meet you in your vehicle.
- Provo City provides crossing guards who are be stationed at Center Street and 2530 West. We strongly suggest that students coming and going from school cross at these points to avoid accidents.
- Students who walk or ride bikes to and from school need to do so in groups if possible and be sure and stay on the sidewalks.
- Students who ride the bus need to go straight to their designated pick up areas to wait to board the bus. Please stay on the sidewalks while waiting for the bus.
Student safety is extremely important to all of us at Amelia Earhart Elementary. We ask parents to help us review these safety guidelines on a regular basis along with the importance of staying away from strangers. This includes accepting rides or talking with people they do not know.
|Kindergarten||First Grade||Second Grade|
|Third Grade||Fourth Grade||Fifth Grade|
“While we try to teach our children all about life,
our children teach us what life is all about.”