Mr. McCarty was previously the facilitator at Provo Peaks Elementary and has recently been named the the new principal here at Amelia Earhart Elementary. We look forward to getting to know him and welcome him to the Amelia Earhart family!
ENJOY YOUR SUMMER, AVIATORS!
Be safe, have fun, and
DON'T FORGET TO READ!
SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Did you know the Amelia Earhart Library is open during summer?
Join Mrs. Roberts in the library this summer for some fun story times and activities!
Summer Library Dates:
9:45am -- Doors open
10:15am -- Story time/Activity (lasts about 15-20 minutes)
** Parents are welcome to bring students to check out books until 12:00 noon. However, parents or older siblings must accompany students.**
Set your own Summer Reading Goal with Mrs. Roberts and receive a FREE book if you meet it!
Keep up your reading over the Summer and we hope to see you at Summer Library!
Jump Start 2014
~ Studies show on average it takes approximately two weeks for student(s)
~ JUMP START places these two weeks BEFORE the first day of school even starts.
~ Faculty and staff at Amelia Earhart recommend students to the program.
~ No participation fee.
How to Register:
EMAIL - Mrs. Cole– firstname.lastname@example.org
VOICE MESSAGE – Noelia Cole @ 801-372-9437
Information needed to register – Your name - student(s) name - return phone number and/or email
When leaving voice message please state student(s) name slowly and
Turn in registration desk on first day of program.
Click here to download
English Registration form
Haga clic aquí para descargar
Formulario de inscripción Español
To see some of the fun events throughout the school year, visit our school blog...
The mission of Amelia Earhart Elementary is to promote lifelong literacy and citizenship in each child through a united effort with parents, educators, and community in a quality-learning environment, with a well trained and highly motivated staff using appropriate technology and instructional methods
Click picture below to see the recipiants of the Academic Achievement Awards
Teachers and staff award Principal's Aviator Club tickets each day to those students who demonstrate one or more of the following four school standards:
Hands are for helping
Be responsible for your own actions
Respect the rights of others
Do your best.
Congratulations to the following students for winning 10-in-a-row :
Larkin Cox, Jakob Wilkins, Taylor Owensby, Ivy Drumm, Collin Casperson, Michelle Castillo, Vai Higby, Camron Martinez, Farmer Dickens, Marcos Gonzalez, Cheyenne Peahl
As a reminder, we feel a need to review the following safety guidelines:
- Don’t drop students off before 8:00 am. There is not proper supervision before that and it is not safe.
- Students who ride to and from school in parent vehicles or carpools need to be picked up on time. Any student who is staying after school longer than ten minutes, parents will be contacted.
- Please do not have your children cross any streets other than in designated crosswalks to meet you in your vehicle.
- Provo City provides crossing guards who are be stationed at Center Street and 2530 West. We strongly suggest that students coming and going from school cross at these points to avoid accidents.
- Students who walk or ride bikes to and from school need to do so in groups if possible and be sure and stay on the sidewalks.
- Students who ride the bus need to go straight to their designated pick up areas to wait to board the bus. Please stay on the sidewalks while waiting for the bus.
Student safety is extremely important to all of us at Amelia Earhart Elementary. We ask parents to help us review these safety guidelines on a regular basis along with the importance of staying away from strangers. This includes accepting rides or talking with people they do not know.
|Kindergarten||First Grade||Second Grade|
|Third Grade||Fourth Grade||Fifth Grade|
“While we try to teach our children all about life,
our children teach us what life is all about.”